This key step prior to the management of purchases and orders, allows you to configure the sending and receiving options.
Supplier information is accessible in the Settings tab of the main menu, Suppliers section.
Create a new supplier
To create an external supplier, you must:
1. Click on the Create button represented by the floating " + " button at the bottom left
2. Enter the name of the supplier
3. Validate by clicking on the Create button
In a multi-site operation of the central kitchen or central purchasing type, the supplier is a group organization. It is then automatically created when the head office shares a catalog of the Product type to order at its point of sale.
Set up supplier information
In a supplier's page,
The first information to be filled in is in the order of the identification of the supplier:
- Legal name
- SIRET number
- VAT NUMBER
- Client code to help the supplier identify your company
Order sending settings
You can order via multiple channels
- Offline: melba will be used to generate and log orders but you will be responsible for sending them. You can use extract options to generate the required documents.
- Email: emails are integrated to the interface but they will also reach your inbox.
- Internally (for central kitchens)
A supplier is highly likely to apply delivery charges to ensure a minimum order amount.
Melba allows you to configure:
- The minimum order amount
- The amount of applicable delivery charges
- An option to block the sending of the order if the minimum is not reached or exceeded.
- The costs are automatically added to the total amount of the order if minimum is not reached
- In the order banner, the total appears in orange if it is below the minimum and charges apply.
- In the order banner, the total appears in green if it is reached or exceeded and it is free of charge.
- If the option "Force reaching the minimum amount to allow the order to be sent" is checked, the user will be notified and invited to complete the order to reach the minimum order amount.
Additional information relating to the supplier will appear in the header of the purchase order:
- Postal code
It is possible to add as many contacts as there are interlocutors at a given supplier:
- Click on the add a Contact link
- Fill in the contact form
First name Last
- Validate information
It will then be possible to select one or more recipient contacts when sending the order